Irène Zack, born in 1918 in Russia (1918 - 2013)
After the war, she began to apply the lessons of mosaic she had learnt at Ravenna School for several years before to get into figurative mosaics in the first 1950-1960 years. Her works from the end of the decade enabled her to participate to a exhibition at the Musée des Arts décoratifs in Paris. She is the daughter of Léon Zack.
From 1955, she began to create sculptures. Sculpting directly stones (marble, limestone, alabaster), but also bronze (between 1955 and 1960), lead (between 1961 and 1971) and wood during her whole career.
She exhibited her works in several art galleries as Massol, Visconti et Repères (Paris), Numaga (Switzerland), Convergence (Nantes), Cour Saint-Pierre (Geneva), La Cité (Lausanne), Galerie 17 (Salies-de-Béarn) Maison des Arts (Châtillon). She participated to Réalités Nouvelles and Jeune Sculpture exhibitions in Issy-les-Moulineaux Biennale.